Interlife provides those in need with a simple and innovative tool to concretely improve their lives: the Interlife Toolkit.
Interlife toolkits are programs containing equipment, raw materials, training and everything needed to start a job to support themselves and their families, and trigger a solidarity chain in their community.
Interlife toolkits are a model of responsible, sustainable and participatory development that aims to achieve the following objectives
- To concretely improve the living conditions of those who live in the poorest areas, through the acquisition of working skills and the start-up of their own businesses in an expanding sector, while at the same time curbing the risk of debt, which affects the poorest people.
- To Increase food security and help reduce undernourishment and malnutrition for rtheir family and for the community.
- To Boost the rural economy, increasing productivity and diversifying production according to the market, thus encouraging the birth of new agricultural entrepreneurs and reducing, at the same time, the phenomenon of rural emigration to the cities and the related increase in the number of "urban poor".
- To trigger a virtuous circle of solidarity within the community: the beneficiaries, in fact, after having improved the life their own family, must pack a new toolkit with the products and and income from their business, and donate it in turn to another person in need to receive the same opportunities, skills and everything needed to get out of the difficulties and change their lives.
Be part of this virtuous and solidarity chain, donate NOW your Toolkit!
The stages of the Project
Interlife places the Toolkit beneficiaries at the center of a real development project, empowering them and assuring they are able to get out of their state of need.
Through local partners and a network of professionals, it accompanies him/her through a path of participatory and truly sustainable development, a path that is articulated in the following main steps:
0. Starting condition
The men and women beneficiaries of the project live in conditions of extreme poverty and exclusion from the working world, often victims of usury and semi-slavery.
1. Vocational Training
The first step is the participation in a vocational training course at the Training Center of our local partner, with the following path:
• specific training on the income generation activity covered by the toolkit;
• training in business management and direct marketing of its products;
• visits to other model enterprises, to learn "on the field" the examples of good management, production and commercial activities.
2. Starting your own work activity
At the end of the professional course the participants are supported by our local partners in starting their own business or in entering the working world within other companies in the sector.
During the project the conditions are created so that the individual beneficiaries can form a real cooperative that can increase the chances of success of each micro-enterprise and become a solid point of reference within the community.
4. After the project
The beneficiary, having emerged from their initial condition of poverty, becomes autonomous and is able to provide for the support of their family. Once reached this first goal, always supported by our local partners, they will have to pack a new Toolkit to donate to a new person in need, thus triggering a virtuous circle of development.