Distance support ... close to children
The children that the local Interlife staff meet every day are orphans, vulnerable children, left in the care of grandparents who are too old to take care of them, or older brothers and sisters, but not old enough yet. Boys and girls which are abused or sold as labour and forced to work more than 12 hours a day in terrible conditions.
In order to protect them and to make sure that all these children have the serene childhood which they rightfully should have, Interlife offers integrated Child Protection programmes, Long-distance Sponsorship and Long-distance Sponsorship + Interlife Toolkit, which aim to guarantee protection, medical care, food security and schooling for the poorest children, providing a vocational training programme and work opportunities for their families.
Combining the consolidated experience in the world of international cooperation of long-distance support with the novelty of the Toolkit, Interlife offers a further, extraordinary opportunity for solidarity: that of helping a child and an entire family.
To be truly close to children and their problems, the attention of the whole community and everyone's help are required:
with the Long-distance Sponsorship + Interlife Toolkit we can guarantee children a safe present and a better future, but in order to do so
it is important to act NOW!
SUPPORT YOUR CHILD NOW
LONG-DISTANCE SPONSORSHIP + TOOLKIT
What we offer each child and long-distance sponsors...
- Food supplements to malnourished children and to mothers in need
- Release of working children from situations of exploitation of child labour and release of girls from the terrible Sumangali system
- Protection from any kind of violence which vulnerable children, orphans and semi-orphans, may experience, especially girls victims of trafficking, early marriage, domestic violence and abuse.
- Support and protection by the Local Child Protection Committees and by the entire community of origin, sensitised and prepared to intervene in situations of distress
- Scholarships and school reintegration to guarantee for all children the right to childhood and to education and the opportunity of a having a better future.
- School uniform and teaching material for a year
- Health care and disease prevention
- Constant and periodic updating for each sponsor, with all the information concerning the sponsored child with an exchange of letters so as to always remain in contact with one’s sponsored child
- Toolkit with raw materials and vocational training for the parent/tutor, which will allow them to have a source of income and to escape from the present condition of extreme poverty in which they are living
- A more serene childhood for each child who is presently living in extremely harsh conditions of great difficulty.